Our ministry wouldn't be possible without you. Thank you each and every one for your prayers, your financial support and your love to both of us. We are truly grateful to have such wonderful family and friends in Canada, United States and Haiti.
God has been so faithful to us in this past year as we followed the path that was blazed before us:
- we relied on our all sufficient God to guide and lead us, and He never failed
- we were surrounded by fellow friends on the field who have encouraged and mentored us along this path, especially Ian & Alice Van Norman
- we were challenged by the work that laid before us, both in construction and administration, and each day awed by the work that was accomplished at the l'Hopital Claire Heureuse
- we sought discernment with the numerous needs, and it was provided
- we had faithful friends who raised $1400 USD for Celibien to pay his medical bills after a motorcycle accident
- we experienced God's healing power in the life of a young girl, Sadila and once again, had a faithful group of friends who came along side her family to help with the costs
- we have been blessed with many new friends in Haiti who have been patient with us, despite our language barrier
- we have experienced spiritual growth, both in our own lives and by witnessing God's hand working in others lives
- we have ministered and shared God's word and truth with a group of guys (who are great friends to Burt) and seen God's restorative grace. We are praying for opportunities for further discipleship.
- we have experienced God's hand in the nurturing and growing of a 'small group' with fellow english speaking missionaries
- we have been enriched by the help provided by fellow missionaries with the electrical and plumbing work at the hospital
- we were blessed beyond measure when Burt received an airline ticket back to Ontario to join our family at a long time friends wedding ... just 24 hours before I was scheduled to fly
- we were kept safe in the arms of Jesus, and healthy too!
- we have prayed and our prayers have been answered over and over and over again!!
May this always be our heart cry "Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;
for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness."
Psalm 26: 2,3
A sampling of photos from our past year in Marchand, Dessalines ...